GMCforum
For enthusiast of the Classic GMC Motorhome built from 1973 to 1978. A web-based mirror of the GMCnet mailing list.

Home » GMC » GMCnet » [GMCnet] Carol Baxter passed away
[GMCnet] Carol Baxter passed away [message #328098] Tue, 09 January 2018 20:14 Go to next message
Emery Stora is currently offline  Emery Stora   United States
Messages: 689
Registered: January 2011
Karma: 1
Senior Member
I just spoke to George Baxter and he told me that Carol passed away Sunday morning.
She will be very missed by GMCMI members. Carol was President of the club from 2011 to 2012.
I have no details on her funeral services. Her children are with George in Vashon Island, WA (suburb of Seattle).

Emery Stora


_______________________________________________
GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org

Re: [GMCnet] Carol Baxter passed away [message #328099 is a reply to message #328098] Tue, 09 January 2018 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jeanette is currently offline  Jeanette   United States
Messages: 71
Registered: May 2013
Karma: 0
Member
Our Condolences to George n family. She will be missed by many GMCMI members n other friends.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jan 9, 2018, at 8:14 PM, Emery Stora wrote:
>
> I just spoke to George Baxter and he told me that Carol passed away Sunday morning.
> She will be very missed by GMCMI members. Carol was President of the club from 2011 to 2012.
> I have no details on her funeral services. Her children are with George in Vashon Island, WA (suburb of Seattle).
>
> Emery Stora
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> GMCnet mailing list
> Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
> http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org

_______________________________________________
GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org

Re: [GMCnet] Carol Baxter passed away [message #328100 is a reply to message #328099] Tue, 09 January 2018 20:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingsley Coach is currently offline  Kingsley Coach   United States
Messages: 2515
Registered: March 2009
Karma: 2
Senior Member
Sad !

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 10:36 PM, Jeanette Hodges wrote:

> Our Condolences to George n family. She will be missed by many GMCMI
> members n other friends.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jan 9, 2018, at 8:14 PM, Emery Stora wrote:
>>
>> I just spoke to George Baxter and he told me that Carol passed away
> Sunday morning.
>> She will be very missed by GMCMI members. Carol was President of the
> club from 2011 to 2012.
>> I have no details on her funeral services. Her children are with George
> in Vashon Island, WA (suburb of Seattle).
>>
>> Emery Stora
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> GMCnet mailing list
>> Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
>> http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org
>
> _______________________________________________
> GMCnet mailing list
> Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
> http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org
>



--
Michael Beaton
1977 Kingsley 26-11
1977 Eleganza II 26-3
Antigonish, NS

Life is too short to hold a grudge; slash some tires and call it even !
_______________________________________________
GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org

Re: [GMCnet] Carol Baxter passed away [message #328102 is a reply to message #328100] Tue, 09 January 2018 21:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jimk is currently offline  jimk   United States
Messages: 4573
Registered: July 2006
Location: Belmont, CA
Karma: 5
Senior Member
Carol was a great Lady that did lot for the GMC Community.
I had the privaledge of being there as we served on the Board and as
President od GMC MI and even played the organ at the church services.

On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 6:49 PM, Kingsley Coach
wrote:

> Sad !
>
> On Tue, Jan 9, 2018 at 10:36 PM, Jeanette Hodges wrote:
>
>> Our Condolences to George n family. She will be missed by many GMCMI
>> members n other friends.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Jan 9, 2018, at 8:14 PM, Emery Stora wrote:
>>>
>>> I just spoke to George Baxter and he told me that Carol passed away
>> Sunday morning.
>>> She will be very missed by GMCMI members. Carol was President of the
>> club from 2011 to 2012.
>>> I have no details on her funeral services. Her children are with
> George
>> in Vashon Island, WA (suburb of Seattle).
>>>
>>> Emery Stora
>>>
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> GMCnet mailing list
>>> Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
>>> http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> GMCnet mailing list
>> Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
>> http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Michael Beaton
> 1977 Kingsley 26-11
> 1977 Eleganza II 26-3
> Antigonish, NS
>
> Life is too short to hold a grudge; slash some tires and call it even !
> _______________________________________________
> GMCnet mailing list
> Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
> http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org
>



--
Jim Kanomata
Applied/GMC, Newark,CA
jimk-AT-appliedairfilters-DOT-com
http://www.appliedgmc.com
1-800-752-7502
_______________________________________________
GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org



Jim Kanomata
Applied/GMC
jimk-AT-appliedairfilters-DOT-com
www.appliedgmc.com
1-800-752-7502
Re: [GMCnet] Carol Baxter passed away [message #328103 is a reply to message #328098] Tue, 09 January 2018 21:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
USAussie is currently offline  USAussie   United States
Messages: 15562
Registered: July 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Karma: 42
Senior Member
G'day,

My condolences to George, he joins the lengthening list of GMC widowers. As a matter of fact I personally know more widowers than
widows!

Seems strange as "we're" supposed to go first!

Regards,
Rob M.
The Pedantic Mechanic
Sydney, Australia
AUS '75 Avion - The Blue Streak TZE365V100428
USA '75 Avion - Double Trouble TZE365V100426
USA '77 Kingsley - TZE 267V100808


-----Original Message-----
From: Gmclist [mailto:gmclist-bounces-AT-list-DOT-gmcnet-DOT-org] On Behalf Of Emery Stora
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2018 1:14 PM
To: gmclist-AT-list-DOT-gmcnet-DOT-org
Subject: [GMCnet] Carol Baxter passed away

I just spoke to George Baxter and he told me that Carol passed away Sunday morning.
She will be very missed by GMCMI members. Carol was President of the club from 2011 to 2012.
I have no details on her funeral services. Her children are with George in Vashon Island, WA (suburb of Seattle).

Emery Stora


_______________________________________________
GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org



Regards, Rob M. (USAussie) The Pedantic Mechanic Sydney, Australia '75 Avion - AUS - The Blue Streak TZE365V100428 '75 Avion - USA - Double Trouble TZE365V100426
Re: [GMCnet] Carol Baxter passed away [message #328109 is a reply to message #328098] Wed, 10 January 2018 07:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GMC Jimmy is currently offline  GMC Jimmy   Canada
Messages: 161
Registered: September 2016
Location: Niagara, Ontario
Karma: 1
Senior Member
Thoughts & Prayers from Canada,
Mike
Re: [GMCnet] Carol Baxter passed away [message #328115 is a reply to message #328098] Wed, 10 January 2018 08:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Johnny Bridges is currently offline  Johnny Bridges   United States
Messages: 6359
Registered: May 2011
Location: Braselton ga
Karma: 34
Senior Member
Another GMC friend I never met. Sigh. Our sympathy for the family.

--johnny


76 26' Eleganza(?) with beaucoup mods and add - ons. Braselton, Ga. "I forgive them all, save those who hurt the dogs. They must answer to me in hell" - ol Andy, paraphrased
Re: [GMCnet] Carol Baxter passed away [message #328124 is a reply to message #328115] Wed, 10 January 2018 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr ERFisher is currently offline  Mr ERFisher   United States
Messages: 7032
Registered: August 2005
Karma: 14
Senior Member
😔 I am so sorry George
There is never a good time
Hang in there
Gene


On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 6:53 AM Johnny Bridges via Gmclist <
gmclist-AT-list-DOT-gmcnet-DOT-org> wrote:

> Another GMC friend I never met. Sigh. Our sympathy for the family.
>
> --johnny
> --
> 76 26' Eleganza(?) with beaucoup mods and add - ons.
> Braselton, Ga.
> "I forgive them all, save those who hurt the dogs. They must answer to me
> in hell" - ol Andy, paraphrased
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> GMCnet mailing list
> Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
> http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org
>
--
Gene Fisher -- 74-23,77PB/ore/ca
“Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today --- give him a URL and
-------
http://gmcmotorhome.info/
Alternator Protection Cable
http://gmcmotorhome.info/APC.html
_______________________________________________
GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org
Re: [GMCnet] Carol Baxter passed away [message #328126 is a reply to message #328124] Wed, 10 January 2018 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
James Hupy is currently offline  James Hupy   United States
Messages: 4616
Registered: May 2010
Karma: 34
Senior Member
Until quite recently, George and Carol were nearly always present at GMC
CASCADER rallies. They could always be counted upon to be a great help in
the preparation of meals, particularly pancake breakfasts which were
George's specialty. Carol was a gracious lady, and always involved in GMCMI
events. She will be missed greatly. Our condolences to George and family.
Jim Hupy, President, GMC CASCADERS

On Jan 10, 2018 7:10 AM, "gene Fisher" wrote:

> 😔 I am so sorry George
> There is never a good time
> Hang in there
> Gene
>
>
> On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 6:53 AM Johnny Bridges via Gmclist gmclist-AT-list-DOT-gmcnet-DOT-org> wrote:
>
>> Another GMC friend I never met. Sigh. Our sympathy for the family.
>>
>> --johnny
>> --
>> 76 26' Eleganza(?) with beaucoup mods and add - ons.
>> Braselton, Ga.
>> "I forgive them all, save those who hurt the dogs. They must answer to
> me
>> in hell" - ol Andy, paraphrased
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> GMCnet mailing list
>> Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
>> http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org
>>
> --
> Gene Fisher -- 74-23,77PB/ore/ca
> “Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today --- give him a URL and
> -------
> http://gmcmotorhome.info/
> Alternator Protection Cable
> http://gmcmotorhome.info/APC.html
> _______________________________________________
> GMCnet mailing list
> Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
> http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org
>
_______________________________________________
GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org
Re: [GMCnet] Carol Baxter passed away [message #328127 is a reply to message #328098] Wed, 10 January 2018 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sandra Price is currently offline  Sandra Price   United States
Messages: 622
Registered: May 2006
Karma: 2
Senior Member
I served on the GMCMI board with Carol, a true lady who dealt fairly with
all. She and George purchased foods for daily breakfasts at Int'l rallies
and Carol shared her talents by playing the organ for Int'l worship
services and directing the choir.

Both of them have been missed at recent Int'l rallies. Their absence is
felt.

God be with George and family. Condolences to all.

Sandra and Bob Price

On Jan 10, 2018 9:54 AM, "James Hupy" wrote:

Until quite recently, George and Carol were nearly always present at GMC
CASCADER rallies. They could always be counted upon to be a great help in
the preparation of meals, particularly pancake breakfasts which were
George's specialty. Carol was a gracious lady, and always involved in GMCMI
events. She will be missed greatly. Our condolences to George and family.
Jim Hupy, President, GMC CASCADERS

On Jan 10, 2018 7:10 AM, "gene Fisher" wrote:

> 😔 I am so sorry George
> There is never a good time
> Hang in there
> Gene
>
>
> On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 6:53 AM Johnny Bridges via Gmclist gmclist-AT-list-DOT-gmcnet-DOT-org> wrote:
>
>> Another GMC friend I never met. Sigh. Our sympathy for the family.
>>
>> --johnny
>> --
>> 76 26' Eleganza(?) with beaucoup mods and add - ons.
>> Braselton, Ga.
>> "I forgive them all, save those who hurt the dogs. They must answer to
> me
>> in hell" - ol Andy, paraphrased
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> GMCnet mailing list
>> Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
>> http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org
>>
> --
> Gene Fisher -- 74-23,77PB/ore/ca
> “Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today --- give him a URL and
> -------
> http://gmcmotorhome.info/
> Alternator Protection Cable
> http://gmcmotorhome.info/APC.html
> _______________________________________________
> GMCnet mailing list
> Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
> http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org
>
_______________________________________________
GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org
_______________________________________________
GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org
Re: [GMCnet] Carol Baxter passed away [message #328164 is a reply to message #328127] Fri, 12 January 2018 10:19 Go to previous message
John Sharpe is currently offline  John Sharpe   Canada
Messages: 489
Registered: February 2006
Location: Texas
Karma: 1
Senior Member
George, I'm so sorry to learn of your loss. I have missed you and Carol at the last few rallies. She was a wonderful person and supporter of the GMC Motorhome community.

John Sharpe
Humble,TX
'78 Eleganza TBI
'89 Spectrum 2000 MPI V-10
'40 Ford Panel Delivery TPI
johnasharpe-AT-gmail-DOT-com
Previous Topic: Re: [GMCnet] But I could use some input
Next Topic: [GMCnet] Fuel filters
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Sat Jan 20 15:14:08 CST 2018

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01977 seconds