GMCforum
For enthusiast of the Classic GMC Motorhome built from 1973 to 1978. A web-based mirror of the GMCnet mailing list.

Home » GMC » GMCnet » So much water damage on new coach
So much water damage on new coach [message #326333] Sat, 25 November 2017 17:57 Go to next message
Will Albers is currently offline  Will Albers   United States
Messages: 24
Registered: November 2017
Location: Detroit MI (Belleville)
Karma: 0
Junior Member
I really thought I purchased a premium coach, but I'm sad to say I was taken. Sad The more i dig, the more I find extensive water damage. At this point, its going to need a new interior and some work on the floorboards. See this link for the latest on the floor: https://photos.app.goo.gl/2aAvYpOjHiwu58xo1



In need of the following in Detroit from a Palm Beach. Anything you can do to help is appreciated:

Kitchen cabinet base. Any tips on having something made?

Closet wall next to kitchen. Its ready to crumble. Is it worth while placing a sheet of ABS against it to try to keep it from falling apart? By the way, what would leak from above the forward side of the closet, and down the inside of the closet drawers next to the stove top?

Headboard and foot board. Any tips, or plans on new is appreciated

I needed all upper cabinets, and i mean ALL. Big THANKS to a local - Nicole Griffin - She saved my ass by offering her uppers. They are in better shape than mine


1978 Palm Beach.
Detroit Michigan
In need of several pieces to replace water damage
Re: [GMCnet] So much water damage on new coach [message #326335 is a reply to message #326333] Sat, 25 November 2017 18:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
powerjon is currently offline  powerjon   United States
Messages: 2431
Registered: January 2004
Karma: 7
Senior Member
Will,
You need to put a signature line that list your location, year of coach, model and other information.

JR Wright
GMC Great Laker MHC
GMC Eastern States Charter Member
GMCGL Tech Editor
GMCMI
78 GMC Buskirk 30’ Stretch
1975 GMC Avion (Under Reconstruction)
Michigan

Also you can get used cabinets from Cinnabar, be prepared to spend a little, but way less expensive that have cabinets made if you do not possess the skills to do it yourself.

JR

> On Nov 25, 2017, at 6:57 PM, Will Albers wrote:
>
> I really thought I purchased a premium coach, but I'm sad to say I was taken. :( The more i dig, the more I find extensive water damage. At this
> point, its going to need a new interior and some work on the floorboards. See this link for the latest on the floor:
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/2aAvYpOjHiwu58xo1
>
>
>
> In need of the following in Detroit from a Palm Beach. Anything you can do to help is appreciated:
>
> Kitchen cabinet base. Any tips on having something made?
>
> Closet wall next to kitchen. Its ready to crumble. Is it worth while placing a sheet of ABS against it to try to keep it from falling apart? By the
> way, what would leak from above the forward side of the closet, and down the inside of the closet drawers next to the stove top?
>
> Headboard and foot board. Any tips, or plans on new is appreciated
>
> I needed all upper cabinets, and i mean ALL. Big THANKS to a local - Nicole Griffin - She saved my ass by offering her uppers. They are in better
> shape than mine
> --
> Just getting started
>
> _______________________________________________
> GMCnet mailing list
> Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
> http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org


_______________________________________________
GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org


J.R. Wright
GMC GreatLaker
GMC Eastern States
GMCMI
78 30' Buskirk Stretch
75 Avion Under Reconstruction
Michigan
Re: [GMCnet] So much water damage on new coach [message #326336 is a reply to message #326335] Sat, 25 November 2017 19:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will Albers is currently offline  Will Albers   United States
Messages: 24
Registered: November 2017
Location: Detroit MI (Belleville)
Karma: 0
Junior Member
I'll give Cinnabar a call on Monday. Hopefully my signature is now updated as well!

1978 Palm Beach.
Detroit Michigan
In need of several pieces to replace water damage
Re: [GMCnet] So much water damage on new coach [message #326337 is a reply to message #326336] Sat, 25 November 2017 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
powerjon is currently offline  powerjon   United States
Messages: 2431
Registered: January 2004
Karma: 7
Senior Member
Will,
I am surprised that Matt C has not given you the standard welcome.

JR
> On Nov 25, 2017, at 8:15 PM, Will Albers wrote:
>
> I'll give Cinnabar a call on Monday. Hopefully my signature is now updated as well!
> --
> 1978 Palm Beach.
> Detroit Michigan
> In need of several pieces to replace water damage
>
> _______________________________________________
> GMCnet mailing list
> Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
> http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org


_______________________________________________
GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org



J.R. Wright
GMC GreatLaker
GMC Eastern States
GMCMI
78 30' Buskirk Stretch
75 Avion Under Reconstruction
Michigan
Re: [GMCnet] So much water damage on new coach [message #326338 is a reply to message #326337] Sat, 25 November 2017 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt Colie is currently offline  Matt Colie   United States
Messages: 6457
Registered: March 2007
Location: S.E. Michigan
Karma: 32
Senior Member
powerjon wrote on Sat, 25 November 2017 20:39
Will,
I am surprised that Matt C has not given you the standard welcome.

JR

John,

Not to worry, actually I did.

As it happens, I was able to assist him on the road when he was home bound because he was looking for help on Facebook and then found out the we live in the same Zip Code. He and Nichole and I all do and there are three others that are still unconnected.
He has already been to a SEMNO lunch and been introduced to some of the local owners.

Matt


Matt & Mary Colie - '73 Glacier 23 - Members GMCMI, GMCGL, GMCES
Electronically Controlled Quiet Engine Cooling Fan
OE Rear Drum Brakes with Applied Control Arms
SE Michigan - Twixt A2 and Detroit
Re: [GMCnet] So much water damage on new coach [message #326339 is a reply to message #326336] Sat, 25 November 2017 22:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt Colie is currently offline  Matt Colie   United States
Messages: 6457
Registered: March 2007
Location: S.E. Michigan
Karma: 32
Senior Member
Will Albers wrote on Sat, 25 November 2017 20:15
I'll give Cinnabar a call on Monday. Hopefully my signature is now updated as well!

Will,

Two things:

Call Cinnabar, but you really need to look at what you need. All that stuff is so simple that, with a shop like you have a just a little direction, you can make better - faster than you can buy.

Oh, do not use the existing wood as patterns, you can so better if you rescue a refrigerator box for someone's trash to use the large pieces for patterns. A lot of the reason the water damage looks bad is that the coach was fit in particle board and that and any small amount of water is a big issue.

If you need guidance or moral support, you know how close by I am.

Matt


Matt & Mary Colie - '73 Glacier 23 - Members GMCMI, GMCGL, GMCES
Electronically Controlled Quiet Engine Cooling Fan
OE Rear Drum Brakes with Applied Control Arms
SE Michigan - Twixt A2 and Detroit
Re: [GMCnet] So much water damage on new coach [message #326340 is a reply to message #326339] Sat, 25 November 2017 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jimk is currently offline  jimk   United States
Messages: 4498
Registered: July 2006
Location: Belmont, CA
Karma: 5
Senior Member
I would not jump into spending money at a shop till you have had a chance
to have others evaluate the damage as some are not as bad as it seem.
Also fix the leak first before doing interior work.
Sometimes the leak can be from the plumbing.

On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 8:07 PM, Matt Colie wrote:

> Will Albers wrote on Sat, 25 November 2017 20:15
>> I'll give Cinnabar a call on Monday. Hopefully my signature is now
> updated as well!
>
> Will,
>
> Two things:
>
> Call Cinnabar, but you really need to look at what you need. All that
> stuff is so simple that, with a shop like you have a just a little
> direction,
> you can make better - faster than you can buy.
>
> Oh, do not use the existing wood as patterns, you can so better if you
> rescue a refrigerator box for someone's trash to use the large pieces for
> patterns. A lot of the reason the water damage looks bad is that the
> coach was fit in particle board and that and any small amount of water is a
> big
> issue.
>
> If you need guidance or moral support, you know how close by I am.
>
> Matt
> --
> Matt & Mary Colie - '73 Glacier 23 - Members GMCMI, GMCGL, GMCES
> Electronically Controlled Quiet Engine Cooling Fan
> OE Rear Drum Brakes with Applied Control Arms
> SE Michigan - Twixt A2 and Detroit
>
> _______________________________________________
> GMCnet mailing list
> Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
> http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org
>



--
Jim Kanomata
Applied/GMC, Newark,CA
jimk-AT-appliedairfilters-DOT-com
http://www.appliedgmc.com
1-800-752-7502
_______________________________________________
GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org



Jim Kanomata
Applied/GMC
jimk-AT-appliedairfilters-DOT-com
www.appliedgmc.com
1-800-752-7502
Re: [GMCnet] So much water damage on new coach [message #326341 is a reply to message #326340] Sun, 26 November 2017 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will Albers is currently offline  Will Albers   United States
Messages: 24
Registered: November 2017
Location: Detroit MI (Belleville)
Karma: 0
Junior Member
Thanks Jim, I didn't think about plumbing... I've been looking up and out!
I'll look into that today!

On Nov 25, 2017 11:47 PM, "Jim Kanomata" wrote:

> I would not jump into spending money at a shop till you have had a chance
> to have others evaluate the damage as some are not as bad as it seem.
> Also fix the leak first before doing interior work.
> Sometimes the leak can be from the plumbing.
>
> On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 8:07 PM, Matt Colie wrote:
>
>> Will Albers wrote on Sat, 25 November 2017 20:15
>>> I'll give Cinnabar a call on Monday. Hopefully my signature is now
>> updated as well!
>>
>> Will,
>>
>> Two things:
>>
>> Call Cinnabar, but you really need to look at what you need. All that
>> stuff is so simple that, with a shop like you have a just a little
>> direction,
>> you can make better - faster than you can buy.
>>
>> Oh, do not use the existing wood as patterns, you can so better if you
>> rescue a refrigerator box for someone's trash to use the large pieces for
>> patterns. A lot of the reason the water damage looks bad is that the
>> coach was fit in particle board and that and any small amount of water
> is a
>> big
>> issue.
>>
>> If you need guidance or moral support, you know how close by I am.
>>
>> Matt
>> --
>> Matt & Mary Colie - '73 Glacier 23 - Members GMCMI, GMCGL, GMCES
>> Electronically Controlled Quiet Engine Cooling Fan
>> OE Rear Drum Brakes with Applied Control Arms
>> SE Michigan - Twixt A2 and Detroit
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> GMCnet mailing list
>> Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
>> http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Jim Kanomata
> Applied/GMC, Newark,CA
> jimk-AT-appliedairfilters-DOT-com
> http://www.appliedgmc.com
> 1-800-752-7502
> _______________________________________________
> GMCnet mailing list
> Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
> http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org
>
_______________________________________________
GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org



1978 Palm Beach.
Detroit Michigan
In need of several pieces to replace water damage
Re: [GMCnet] So much water damage on new coach [message #326342 is a reply to message #326339] Sun, 26 November 2017 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will Albers is currently offline  Will Albers   United States
Messages: 24
Registered: November 2017
Location: Detroit MI (Belleville)
Karma: 0
Junior Member
As always Matt, you are a godsend! The moral support is as appreciated as
the technical.

Emotional weekend from what was to be a nice floor install, into what was
seen within the photos, but I appreciate the kitchen advice. That is the
silliest package of cabinets and rotted wood turned mouse hotel. I agree
that I could build a better mousetrap, but a little cost here and there
allows for labor elsewhere.

On Nov 25, 2017 11:08 PM, "Matt Colie" wrote:

> Will Albers wrote on Sat, 25 November 2017 20:15
>> I'll give Cinnabar a call on Monday. Hopefully my signature is now
> updated as well!
>
> Will,
>
> Two things:
>
> Call Cinnabar, but you really need to look at what you need. All that
> stuff is so simple that, with a shop like you have a just a little
> direction,
> you can make better - faster than you can buy.
>
> Oh, do not use the existing wood as patterns, you can so better if you
> rescue a refrigerator box for someone's trash to use the large pieces for
> patterns. A lot of the reason the water damage looks bad is that the
> coach was fit in particle board and that and any small amount of water is a
> big
> issue.
>
> If you need guidance or moral support, you know how close by I am.
>
> Matt
> --
> Matt & Mary Colie - '73 Glacier 23 - Members GMCMI, GMCGL, GMCES
> Electronically Controlled Quiet Engine Cooling Fan
> OE Rear Drum Brakes with Applied Control Arms
> SE Michigan - Twixt A2 and Detroit
>
> _______________________________________________
> GMCnet mailing list
> Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
> http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org
>
_______________________________________________
GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org



1978 Palm Beach.
Detroit Michigan
In need of several pieces to replace water damage
Re: [GMCnet] So much water damage on new coach [message #326345 is a reply to message #326341] Sun, 26 November 2017 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will Albers is currently offline  Will Albers   United States
Messages: 24
Registered: November 2017
Location: Detroit MI (Belleville)
Karma: 0
Junior Member
Found majority of leaks are the windows themselves. While there are the
occasional drips from the top, the lower back corner of the large windows
pour water.

I've found the drains are clear, and it's not overflowing into the screen
channel. Would that imply it's seeping through the window seals themselves?

I'm comfortable removing the windows if need be, but is there some way I
can seal the edge externally? I watched it done on YouTube, but I'm curious
if it can be done in colder weather. I'd prefer this method for the toll
windows vs removal and reinstallation

On Nov 26, 2017 6:05 AM, "Will" wrote:

> Thanks Jim, I didn't think about plumbing... I've been looking up and out!
> I'll look into that today!
>
> On Nov 25, 2017 11:47 PM, "Jim Kanomata" wrote:
>
>> I would not jump into spending money at a shop till you have had a chance
>> to have others evaluate the damage as some are not as bad as it seem.
>> Also fix the leak first before doing interior work.
>> Sometimes the leak can be from the plumbing.
>>
>> On Sat, Nov 25, 2017 at 8:07 PM, Matt Colie
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Will Albers wrote on Sat, 25 November 2017 20:15
>>>> I'll give Cinnabar a call on Monday. Hopefully my signature is now
>>> updated as well!
>>>
>>> Will,
>>>
>>> Two things:
>>>
>>> Call Cinnabar, but you really need to look at what you need. All that
>>> stuff is so simple that, with a shop like you have a just a little
>>> direction,
>>> you can make better - faster than you can buy.
>>>
>>> Oh, do not use the existing wood as patterns, you can so better if you
>>> rescue a refrigerator box for someone's trash to use the large pieces
>> for
>>> patterns. A lot of the reason the water damage looks bad is that the
>>> coach was fit in particle board and that and any small amount of water
>> is a
>>> big
>>> issue.
>>>
>>> If you need guidance or moral support, you know how close by I am.
>>>
>>> Matt
>>> --
>>> Matt & Mary Colie - '73 Glacier 23 - Members GMCMI, GMCGL, GMCES
>>> Electronically Controlled Quiet Engine Cooling Fan
>>> OE Rear Drum Brakes with Applied Control Arms
>>> SE Michigan - Twixt A2 and Detroit
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> GMCnet mailing list
>>> Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
>>> http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Jim Kanomata
>> Applied/GMC, Newark,CA
>> jimk-AT-appliedairfilters-DOT-com
>> http://www.appliedgmc.com
>> 1-800-752-7502
>> _______________________________________________
>> GMCnet mailing list
>> Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
>> http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org
>>
>
_______________________________________________
GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org



1978 Palm Beach.
Detroit Michigan
In need of several pieces to replace water damage
Re: So much water damage on new coach [message #326346 is a reply to message #326333] Sun, 26 November 2017 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
C Boyd is currently offline  C Boyd   United States
Messages: 2211
Registered: April 2006
Karma: 6
Senior Member
http://www.gmcmhphotos.com/photos/g7119-water-leaks.html

C. Boyd
76 Crestmont
East Tennessee
Re: [GMCnet] So much water damage on new coach [message #326348 is a reply to message #326346] Sun, 26 November 2017 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingsley Coach is currently offline  Kingsley Coach   United States
Messages: 2485
Registered: March 2009
Karma: 2
Senior Member
Will

I'm not asking just saying....there is work involved in every GMC. You may
not have been "taken" depending on what you paid for it. On the other
hand, maybe you were!

Send John Shotwell the TZE number please and join the Black list..if you
need info or email addresses, just ask me...

Thanks

Mike from NS

On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 11:49 AM, Charles Boyd
wrote:

> http://www.gmcmhphotos.com/photos/g7119-water-leaks.html
> --
> C. Boyd
> 76 Crestmont
> East Tennessee
>
> _______________________________________________
> GMCnet mailing list
> Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
> http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org
>



--
Michael Beaton
1977 Kingsley 26-11
1977 Eleganza II 26-3
Antigonish, NS

Life is too short to hold a grudge; slash some tires and call it even !
_______________________________________________
GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org

Re: [GMCnet] So much water damage on new coach [message #326349 is a reply to message #326348] Sun, 26 November 2017 12:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jimk is currently offline  jimk   United States
Messages: 4498
Registered: July 2006
Location: Belmont, CA
Karma: 5
Senior Member
Will,
Keep in mind that the overhead lights are contributors to leak.
The older lens crack and the gasket that seal the lense along with the base
are contributors.


On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 10:08 AM, Kingsley Coach
wrote:

> Will
>
> I'm not asking just saying....there is work involved in every GMC. You may
> not have been "taken" depending on what you paid for it. On the other
> hand, maybe you were!
>
> Send John Shotwell the TZE number please and join the Black list..if you
> need info or email addresses, just ask me...
>
> Thanks
>
> Mike from NS
>
> On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 11:49 AM, Charles Boyd
> wrote:
>
>> http://www.gmcmhphotos.com/photos/g7119-water-leaks.html
>> --
>> C. Boyd
>> 76 Crestmont
>> East Tennessee
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> GMCnet mailing list
>> Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
>> http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Michael Beaton
> 1977 Kingsley 26-11
> 1977 Eleganza II 26-3
> Antigonish, NS
>
> Life is too short to hold a grudge; slash some tires and call it even !
> _______________________________________________
> GMCnet mailing list
> Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
> http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org
>



--
Jim Kanomata
Applied/GMC, Newark,CA
jimk-AT-appliedairfilters-DOT-com
http://www.appliedgmc.com
1-800-752-7502
_______________________________________________
GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org



Jim Kanomata
Applied/GMC
jimk-AT-appliedairfilters-DOT-com
www.appliedgmc.com
1-800-752-7502
Re: [GMCnet] So much water damage on new coach [message #326352 is a reply to message #326349] Sun, 26 November 2017 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bdub is currently offline  bdub   United States
Messages: 1252
Registered: February 2004
Location: Central Texas
Karma: 13
Senior Member
Clearance lights

On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 12:36 PM, Jim Kanomata wrote:

> Will,
> Keep in mind that the overhead lights are contributors to leak.
> The older lens crack and the gasket that seal the lense along with the base
> are contributors.
>
_______________________________________________
GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org



bdub
www.bdub.net
Re: So much water damage on new coach [message #326353 is a reply to message #326333] Sun, 26 November 2017 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pjburt is currently offline  pjburt   United States
Messages: 226
Registered: February 2016
Location: Fresno, California
Karma: 1
Senior Member
Will, I agree with C Boyd. Pressurizing the coach will find leaks from the outside. There are other ways to do it than the link C Boyd posted. Matt can give you alternatives based on what you have available.

Here is another way to do it.
http://www.gmcmhphotos.com/photos/gmc-great-lakers-sandusky-rally/p8085.html


Patti & Jerry Burt
73 Gmc 26' Canyon Lands - 77 Palm Beach Members: FMCA - GMCMI - GMCWS - Pacific Cruisers - 49ers
Re: So much water damage on new coach [message #326360 is a reply to message #326346] Sun, 26 November 2017 15:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mghamms is currently offline  mghamms   United States
Messages: 89
Registered: March 2016
Location: Ware, Massachusetts
Karma: 0
Member
Love that barn in the last picture.
Anyone know who it belongs to?
Any more pictures of that barn?


1977 Kingsley 455 as stock as it gets except lots of Ragusa parts
Re: [GMCnet] So much water damage on new coach [message #326363 is a reply to message #326353] Sun, 26 November 2017 15:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will Albers is currently offline  Will Albers   United States
Messages: 24
Registered: November 2017
Location: Detroit MI (Belleville)
Karma: 0
Junior Member
Does it still work with all of the vents? Fridge vents, exhaust fans, etc?

On Nov 26, 2017 1:56 PM, "Jerry Burt" wrote:

> Will, I agree with C Boyd. Pressurizing the coach will find leaks from the
> outside. There are other ways to do it than the link C Boyd posted. Matt
> can give you alternatives based on what you have available.
>
> Here is another way to do it.
> http://www.gmcmhphotos.com/photos/gmc-great-lakers-
> sandusky-rally/p8085.html
> --
> Patti & Jerry Burt
> 73 Gmc 26' Canyon Lands -
> 77 Palm Beach
> Members: FMCA - GMCMI - GMCWS - Pacific Cruisers - 49ers
>
> _______________________________________________
> GMCnet mailing list
> Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
> http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org
>
_______________________________________________
GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org



1978 Palm Beach.
Detroit Michigan
In need of several pieces to replace water damage
Re: So much water damage on new coach [message #326364 is a reply to message #326360] Sun, 26 November 2017 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matt Colie is currently offline  Matt Colie   United States
Messages: 6457
Registered: March 2007
Location: S.E. Michigan
Karma: 32
Senior Member
mghamms wrote on Sun, 26 November 2017 16:18
Love that barn in the last picture.
Anyone know who it belongs to?
Any more pictures of that barn?

Mike,

Story:
That is a photoshop creation that look very real.

Truth:
That is a picture take from the mezzanine on the other side of Chuck Boyd's Garagmahal.
It is almost as amazing as he is.

Matt


Matt & Mary Colie - '73 Glacier 23 - Members GMCMI, GMCGL, GMCES
Electronically Controlled Quiet Engine Cooling Fan
OE Rear Drum Brakes with Applied Control Arms
SE Michigan - Twixt A2 and Detroit
Re: So much water damage on new coach [message #326365 is a reply to message #326333] Sun, 26 November 2017 16:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kerry pinkerton is currently offline  kerry pinkerton   United States
Messages: 2527
Registered: July 2012
Location: Harvest, Al
Karma: 19
Senior Member
Welcome to the cult Will. A couple comments. The floor doesn't look that bad to me. If it's not THAT soft, pour epoxy in the soft spots and roll on for another 40 years. It's it's rotten through, you can still patch with epoxy and new wood. It's a 40 year old motorhome. I expect most of ours have had leaks over the years and have rot or soft spots that we don't even know about.

Regarding cabinets, I hate particle board. It will turn to dirt from humidity alone. I tried rebuilding our overhead cabinets and spent a month and too much money trying to save them. After all that, they LOOKED good but every time you opened them, it would rain dust down on the lower cabinets. I gave up and made new ones. I was in the process of working my way through the bottom cabinets and the hall modules when we decided to sell our coach. It would not be difficult to make new structure and doors.


Kerry Pinkerton - North Alabama Had 5 over the years. Still have the first a 76 that will be rebodied into an art deco car hauler. http://www.bdub.net/pinkerton/ '03 Fleetwood Discovery 39L
Re: [GMCnet] So much water damage on new coach [message #326366 is a reply to message #326363] Sun, 26 November 2017 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Matt Colie is currently offline  Matt Colie   United States
Messages: 6457
Registered: March 2007
Location: S.E. Michigan
Karma: 32
Senior Member
Will Albers wrote on Sun, 26 November 2017 16:48
Does it still work with all of the vents? Fridge vents, exhaust fans, etc?


Duck tape can fix the known vents pretty easily.
You don't actually put any great amount of pressure in the coach.

Matt

Quote:
On Nov 26, 2017 1:56 PM, "Jerry Burt" wrote:

> Will, I agree with C Boyd. Pressurizing the coach will find leaks from the
> outside. There are other ways to do it than the link C Boyd posted. Matt
> can give you alternatives based on what you have available.
>
> Here is another way to do it.
> http://www.gmcmhphotos.com/photos/gmc-great-lakers-
> sandusky-rally/p8085.html
> --
> Patti & Jerry Burt
> 73 Gmc 26' Canyon Lands -
> 77 Palm Beach
> Members: FMCA - GMCMI - GMCWS - Pacific Cruisers - 49ers
>
> _______________________________________________
> GMCnet mailing list
> Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
> http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org
>
_______________________________________________
GMCnet mailing list
Unsubscribe or Change List Options:
http://list.gmcnet.org/mailman/listinfo/gmclist_list.gmcnet.org




Matt & Mary Colie - '73 Glacier 23 - Members GMCMI, GMCGL, GMCES
Electronically Controlled Quiet Engine Cooling Fan
OE Rear Drum Brakes with Applied Control Arms
SE Michigan - Twixt A2 and Detroit
Previous Topic: Re: [GMCnet] Winch
Next Topic: [GMCnet] Getting to the reason this 78 GMC runs hotter then my last 78.
Goto Forum:
  


Current Time: Mon Dec 11 20:49:48 CST 2017

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02133 seconds